Sunday, August 21, 2016

Courage must be created.

Growing up in life I was always the conservative quite kid, and to some extent I still am now. I've always been the one to watch not the one to act. I've always been the one to listen not say. I never knew why I was like this and I hated it with a severe passion. I had an awakening this past weekend when watching the summer Olympics. It came from asking myself what do I not have that they have, and the one thing that kept coming to mind was confidence and courage. 

Then I had to ask myself how I get these things. I found that you can't find courage you have to make it. I came to the conclusion that it takes will to make courage. I can't be given courage by anyone no matter how many people try to motivate me or tell me I’m special. They can push me and pick me up but in the end I have to want it without a doubt. 

I believe that I don't have to be the quiet kid that’s just sits in the corner and listens. I can have courage to express my ideas and options. If I have the courage to do all the work without letting it overwhelm me I can pass these hard IB classes and set myself up for a good future. Even if it means writing a blog for TOK and a close reading for literature at midnight.

I also believe that I can I can achieve my of dream of competing in the Olympics one day using courage. My coaches have told me I’m talented and have a lot of potential. My mom has basically engraved it my brain with how much she says it, but for some odd reason I don’t feel like I am that good. I feel like there is a part of me deep-down that knows I am good and wants to prove it to the world. The other part witch is dominating has a fear of getting his hopes up. It is afraid of failure. It is the main reason why I have not been bold or daring. If im going to ever surmount to anything and leave my mark of on the world. Im going to need courage to overcome fear so that I can reach success. I believe I have an incredible amount of potential and that courage will help me use it.    

1 comment:

  1. Great work. There is great power to this essay, and it comes from the feeling that you are coming into your belief even as you write it. (This, by the way, is one of the great powers of writing in my experience: often you don't really know what you think until you take the time to write it down. And by writing it, it becomes, in some way, a truer truth.

    ReplyDelete